Universal Records:2016-2032 Edit
Universal Music Group acquired the Lipman brothers' Republic Records as a fully owned subsidiary in 2016, and named Monte Lipman as President of the newly established Universal Records label, and Avery Lipman the COO; both reporting to Doug Morris (Chairman of Universal Music Group), and Mel Lewinter, (Chairman of Universal Records Group).
Universal Records-2006-2012 Edit
As of 2006, Universal Republic has adopted an A&R and partnership-based growth strategy. In an era of music industry transition they have proven effective, as Universal Republic has continued to grow in the industry's declining years. Universal Republic become a stand-alone label after Universal Motown Republic Group was shut down in summer 2011. One year later, it was renamed back to Republic Records.
Notable artists Edit
In chronological order are current Republic artists:
- 2006: Hinder.
- 2007: Amy Winehouse and Colbie Caillat
- 2009: Steel Panther
- 2009: Owl City
- 2010: Kelly Rowland
- 2010: Veronica V
- 2010: Florence + the Machine & Enrique Iglesias
- 2011: Ariana Grande signed with Universal Republic in August 2011.
- 2012: The Weeknd signed with Universal Republic in September 2012 in a joint venture with his own imprint label XO.
- 2012: Austin Mahone
- 2012: Lisa Marie Presley Republic Nashville's The Band Perry, and James Blake.